Happy Eight Months Nicholas

It seems to me that time is going by much faster than it did when Zack was a baby. I loved it. I felt like I really got to enjoy each month and every little moment that it contained. With Nick, things are moving much faster. For instance, I thought I had at least another week before he'd officially be 8 months old. But nope. Things are only going to go faster now that the Holiday season is upon us.

Here is a look at our sweet, overtired 8 month old....


Weight
  • 20 pounds 11 ounces - He is going strong with his weight. He is still wearing some 6 month clothes but we are transitioning into the 9 month stuff.
Height
  • 30 inches long 
Sleep 
  • Tolerable - Nick is sleeping well at night. I think he is starting to phase out his night feeding - he has skipped it once or twice this week. I'm not in any hurry to drop it. It is still one of my favorite feedings since I get quiet alone time and he is extra snuggly. His naps are hit and miss. He can still put himself to sleep but he is a short napper. I am struggling with this because most days I end up with an overtired and cranky baby. It frustrates me so much. When, and if, I get the chance, I will cuddle him for a few naps, but its not always possible with Zack running around. 
Feeding
  • Breast milk and solids - He is still eating about 6 ounces of breastmilk and he seems to have cut back on the solids. He just doesn't seem to be that big of a fan. He will eat maybe half a container, 3/4 if he's really hungry. I think Nick is a lazy eater all around. I don't think he is all that interested in food. Unlike his big brother who would almost panic in-between bites of baby food because he was so anxious for more. 
    Nick's Favorites
    • He loves to watch his big brother. No matter what Zack is doing, Nick will just laugh and smile at him as he is doing whatever he is doing. 
    • He loves to sing, laugh and talk 
    • He loves his Mickey Mouse rattle
    • He loves anything that makes noise
    • He loves to be outside
    • He loves his Winnie the Pooh teddy bear
    • He loves his car toy and animal puzzle

    Highlights/Thoughts

    Nick is doing really well and growing as fast as can be. He loves to stand and can almost do it without any support. He likes to hold onto my fingers and will stand for a good amount of time. He is trying to pull himself up but has not been successful at it just yet.

    I don't know what it is about my kids, but they refuse to crawl. Nick will get in the crawling position but then he just lays down or rolls over. He isn't interested. He'd rather stand.

    Zack and Nick are becoming fast friends. It seems like overnight Zack has become all about his baby brother. He tries to play with him all day and even tries to pick him up. He shares his toys with Nick, although we are working on not ripping things out of baby brothers hands.

    Popular Posts