Pineapple; Week 35

What a successful week this has been! We finally got an answer on something that was holding us up. Once the answer came down, we went to work on our to-do list. We finished (pretty much) the nursery, pre-registered at the hospital and I even packed my hospital bag - I did this mostly to make Tim feel more comfortable because I'd been having Braxton Hicks that were starting to seem like maybe they could be labor contractions (in the end they were just Braxton Hicks).

We had another successful Non Stress Test on Monday and today I head in for another ultrasound to check the growth, fluid, etc.

I suppose first things first. A few weeks ago we got word that there was a possible move in our future. The Southern California Division President wanted Tim to transfer out there. But, in the end, they decided to keep things as they are and promote someone who is already out there rather than paying the relocation costs for us to move back.

The entire thing just turned out to be a stressful waste of time. Tim and I went back and forth on the pros and cons of moving back home. We were both excited and apprehensive about the idea. Arizona has afforded us a great opportunity in our marriage and one that I am not quite sure I am ready to give up. Since moving here, Tim and I have grown much closer than I think we would have if we'd stayed in California. Since moving away from home, we have become much more independent and reliant on each other. We've even gotten some complaints from family that we don't call on them or ask for their help enough. It's not that we don't want it, it's just that we came out here and only had each other. We fine tuned our skills of working as a team and have really built a partnership. John Wayne said it best in the movie McLintock "all the gold in the United States Treasury and all the harp music in heaven can't equal what happens between a man and a woman with all that growin' together. I can't explain it any better than that." 

Although, the idea of being back home was wonderful. Being around my nieces and nephews again, seeing my mom more often, having our boys be apart of our giant families on a more regular basis, having help with the boys, etc. The grass is always greener. I think it's safe to say that we were on the fence about staying and going. In the end, Tim said that we would go and the answer came down from corporate. So, until we are moved again, we will continue to bloom where we have been planted.

Emotions are running a bit high around here, very specifically for me. As I enter these last few weeks of pregnancy, I am facing a fear that I have been trying to bury for the past few months. I am terribly worried that I will get Postpartum Depression again. I have been reliving moments of it from when Zack was born and this fear just keeps washing over me and taking hold. It's almost like I feel it coming for me, but what I feel are the very vivd memories of it. I am trying to hold on and stay positive but this week has been a rough one. There is no way to explain the fear and anxiety I feel about going back into that deep dark hole. So I trudge on with my knight in shining armor. Tim is my champion. He is always lifting me up and when all of this comes crashing down on me, he is there. Sometimes I feel bad for him, it's like he is an orderly in a crazy house.

Everything else seems to be going well. Zack is still my little love. He has learned that it is easier to ask for help and to say please when he wants or needs something then to have a tantrum. The other day he was playing by himself when one of his toys got stuck. Instead of freaking out and crying, he ran over to me and said "help" then lifted his hands up and said "please." I stopped what I was doing and helped him, which he followed up with a thank you. I am proud of him for asking for help. He is also a bit of a neat freak like me. Before nap and bath time, he starts cleaning up all of his toys. We don't even say anything to him, he just starts cleaning up. He knows where everything goes and when someone tosses the wrong toy in the wrong basket, he is sure to fix it. He is counting to ten with a few errors. He always misses 1 and 8. He is also well on his way to learning the alphabet. He can say it all the way up to "I" and then it starts to get a little fuzzy. He loves firetrucks more than anything and if you see him, he is sure to be carrying one around. He has recently decided that picking out jammies is a very important task and of course only picks jammies that have a firetruck on them. If there are no firetruck jams then he goes for anything car, truck or plane related. Nothing else will do!

Baby Nick is growing very well and I can't wait to see/hear how much he's grown this past week. He kicks non-stop and is exceeding expectations for all of the conditions we are facing. I am done though. I am so tired of being pregnant. I am starting to get that feeling of complete heaviness when I stand up. Moving around is more difficult mostly because of my large whale belly. But, all in all, I am feeling really good. I have felt better these last few weeks then I have for the majority of this pregnancy. This pregnancy has flown by and I can't believe that in just a few weeks we will have another sweet baby boy.

Also, a very special shout out to my beautiful, sweet, loving and very kind niece, Norah!!! Today is her 4th birthday. She is the most loving little girl you will ever meet. Seriously, ask anyone! This little girl has the biggest, sweetest heart.
Happy Birthday Sweet Norah, we love you so!!!!

5 (ish) weeks left to go.....

This is what you see from the hall/when you walk into the room. The red sign reads  "In a world where you can be anything, Be Kind"



My mom gave me the idea of getting this decal for over the crib. I love it and we even ended up getting one for Zack's room.



How far along: 35 weeks... I think. 
Gender: BOY
Stretch marks: I have the same ones but I will say that two of them are looking angrier as this pregnancy progresses
Belly button in or out: On the verge of an outtie... creepy!
Sleep: Sleep is much harder now. I have to pee about a million times in the middle of the night and getting comfortable is definitely a challenge. 
Best moment this week: Cuddling my husband and son when I was feeling down
Miss anything: Sleeping well
Movement: Lots and lots
Cravings: Chocolate Chip cookies. I went out Sunday on a quest for the perfect cookie with no such luck.
Queasy or sick: Feeling good
Looking forward to: Hopefully, soaking up some sunshine and playing with my son, nieces/nephews and being with my family at our annual family trip. And of course swimming!!! 

Popular Posts