Plum; Week 12

This past week wasn't too bad as far as feeling sick goes....that was until yesterday when morning sickness reared its ugly head again. I am always confused on when exactly the first trimester ends and the second begins, but I know its somewhere around this twelfth week mark. I am hoping to find some relief very soon.

We are still playing catch up on things around the house all the while contemplating a move, planning for our second baby, gearing up for our long overdue vacation all the while chasing a toddler who is in the throws of the 18 month sleep regression...oh, and how could I forget those wonderful tantrums he's starting to throw.

This week, baby number two is busy growing and is now about the size of a plum. Most of the baby's systems are in place, they are working on maturing. I am already having some trouble buttoning my pants and am probably more excited than I should be to pull out all of my maternity cloths....is there anything more comfortable?!?!?!?

Yesterday was quite the stressful day.

For starters, I couldn't sleep and when I finally did fall asleep - around 3a.m. - I woke up an hour later to the neighbors dog losing his mind....which sets my mind off wondering whats going on and why is Rudy - the watch dog - staring out the window with his tail straight giving low grumbles and growls. Eventually all the dogs chilled out, but I was up with my mind spinning. Of course Zack woke up very early and refused to go back down, despite our many efforts. So I was up before the crack of dawn.

Tim's boss had scheduled a meeting with him for first thing yesterday morning. We had discussed it the night before - what it would be about - and determined that it was likely nothing. Boy were we wrong. It's a very long story and one that hasn't quite played out all the way yet. I will say it was just a difficult morning....well, it was a difficult day.

Next, we had to take Zack to have his blood drawn. I've been putting this off for weeks because I was so worried about him passing out or getting sick - I wanted Tim there for emotional and physical support should it be called for. I was one of those kids who would pass out when my blood was drawn. Its not the needle that bothers me or seeing the blood, its the feeling of blood pulsing out of my veins - we've established that I'm weird, right? Anyway, all went well. Of course Zack cried his eyes out, but it went quick and he got juice and a couple cookies afterward.

Zack is a very sweet little boy and while the tantrums are few and far between, we are noticing that they are happening more and more. Sure fire way to know that Zack was doing something he's not supposed to......When you ask him, "Zack, what are you doing?" He will quickly reply "Hi" repeatedly. Its kind of funny and sometimes we hear his little voice saying Hi from behind the baby gate that he now knows how to open.....oh and he already knows how to open and close all the doors in the house. YAY!

I haven't spent much time thinking about baby number two....that sounds bad, but isn't it par for the course? I am busy being a mom. We pray for the baby every night, but I'm not planning or reading the way I did before Zack. Its almost like I forget - when morning sickness isn't reminding me - that I am pregnant. I have another appointment coming up soon and I look forward to hearing that heartbeat again.

We discussed finding out the gender of the baby and have not fully decided what we're going to do. I want to be surprised; Tim wants to know. So we may find out but only let Tim know, we may tell the world, we may not find out - who knows.......ok....I know. We'll likely find out. If Tim knows then I know I'll want to know....so it's all or nothing on this.

How far along: 12 Weeks
Gender: Don't know yet.....
Stretch marks: None
Belly button in or out: Same as always
Sleep: Not the greatest but also not the worst! 
Best moment this week: Well, we'll see how the rest of it plays out first....
Miss anything: Feeling like myself.
Movement: Well, I thought I felt something but I think its way too early for it to have actually been the baby
Cravings: EVERYTHING......
Queasy or sick: Still sick but not as bad
Looking forward to:  Our vacation

Popular Posts