Our Big Secret....

I am writing this maybe a few weeks before I actually post it. I have no idea when we will actually break the news, but after we do I'll publish this post.

We are expanding our family by two feet!!! That's right, mama is due with baby number two and we are thrilled.

Big Brother reading his new book...

We found out on July 16th by chance. As these things go, I was running a little late, but a home pregnancy test a couple days before had come up negative. But that Saturday afternoon, after I noticed several trips to the restroom, I figured something was up. To be honest, I thought that I was diabetic or pregnant. I decided to rule one option out, so I took another home pregnancy test.

Everything happened much the same as it did with Zachary. I had tested and I was in disbelief, so I called Tim over to double check. Sure enough, he saw two pink lines too. We were both shocked and decided that I should try to test again. I was so anxious that Tim held the test away from me, telling me to finish brushing my hair and to stop staring at it. A minute or so later Tim looked....everything on his face told me that it was negative.....but I was wrong. He flipped it over to show me and sure enough it said, clear as day, "PREGNANT".

My mom was visiting and watching Zack in the living room when we came out. I simply handed her the test. I don't know that I've ever seen her jump so high so fast! Telling my mom that a baby is on the way is the best news ever. She makes you feel like no greater thing has ever happened in her life. I always love her reactions when one of us announce another grand baby is on  the way....she makes you feel like she's never before heard the words. I love you mom.

Visiting my doctor was so great too. I saw my lactation consultant, who helped me with Zack, and she was thrilled by the news that I nursed Zack over a year and that I was having another baby. My midwife, who I had seen the week before finding out, was just as shocked. She did an initial ultrasound and found that I was only 4weeks and 4days or "barely pregnant" as she said.

I had another appointment yesterday and got another ultrasound, which placed me at 6 weeks and 6 days. We saw that beautiful flicker of a heartbeat right away, which put both Tim and I at ease. She was not certain about her dating of the pregnancy so I have yet another ultrasound scheduled for Monday the 8th. That ultrasound will give us the official due date.

As of now, baby number two is due somewhere between March 22nd and 26th. Yep....another March birthday.

How far along: Estimated 7 weeks
Gender: No idea
Stretch marks: No
Belly button in or out: Right where it's always been
Sleep: I am so dang tired all the time. I pray that Zack naps just so I can get one too.  
Best moment this week: Seeing that heartbeat flicker on the ultrasound
Miss anything: Nothing yet
Movement: No baby movement yet
Cravings: McDonalds, Pizza, Chocolate Cake donuts, Chipotle. It's like I am craving every and anything.
Queasy or sick: Beyond sick. I never knew morning sickness could be so rough. I have it all day every day. I wake up with it. If I move I am nauseous. All I want to do is lay in bed in a ball. Thank goodness my mom is coming to visit this week. She's gonna take care of me and Zack.
Looking forward to: Telling our family and friends about our new little love. 

Popular Posts