Lime; Week 11

This was our first week at home - in 5 weeks - without going out of State or having any visitors. I hardly knew what to do with myself. As exhausting as it was to have back to back visitors and trips, I really loved it. I love when my family comes to visit. Our visitors overlapped so much that my brother and sister met up to say hi to one another while in Quartzite.

So, this past weekend we spent a lot of time playing catch up on things we needed to get done around here. We are also still working on getting Zack back on his schedule....which has been a pain in and of itself.

This week, Baby No. 2 is about the size of a lime; is approximately two inches long and is quite busy growing hair follicles and fingernails. We are also having lots of trouble sleeping and getting comfortable.

We had a horrible night a few days ago. I was exhausted but when I got into bed I could not get comfortable and when I finally did Zack woke up screaming. After I took care of him, it was back to trying to get comfortable enough to fall asleep. I finally fell asleep and got about 30 minutes before we heard a loud crash of thunder. It was so low and loud that it shook the house and jolted both Tim and I awake - thankfully Zack slept through it. It continued well into the morning and I laid awake listening to the rain hit the patio and watched as lightening would light up our room. Eventually, around 3a.m. I fell asleep again only to wake up an hour later by Rockne howling in his sleep. Tim and I both jumped out of bed in search of the dog and found him cuddled up in the hall, fast asleep howling. Ugh. And as always with Rockne, you have to physically shake him to wake him up. Zack slept through all of it. Tim didn't bother going back to bed and just got ready for work. I was exhausted and cuddled up under the covers, immediately getting comfortable. I was just in that place where I was almost asleep when Zack woke up and refused to go back to bed. So......I was up for the day by 5 a.m. as opposed to our usual 7a.m. Needless to say, I was grumpy that whole day.

It feels like this week has been a battle of naps and bed time for both Zack and I.

Thankfully, my morning sickness seems to be easing up as the weeks go by. I feel like I had more good days this week then bad. Newest thing is a lot of headaches. But that could be due to a serious lack of caffeine. Who knows.

Tim and I both think this next baby is a boy - and we agree on boy names no problem - but this weekend, for some reason, we started talking about girl names. Oh my gosh, this kid better be a boy, otherwise it will likely be born without a name. We don't agree on a single name. We went through one of those top 100 names list and did not agree on any. I like older, more traditional names and Tim likes....well, he likes a little of everything. One name that we almost agree on is Kaitlyn. I've always loved that name. But every single time I mentioned it Tim would yell "Her name is BRUCE". Which of course made me laugh.....and ruled that name out.

How far along: 11 Weeks
Gender:  Don't know yet
Stretch marks: Nothing new
Belly button in or out: Same as always
Sleep: Just crappy
Best moment this week: 
Miss anything: I miss feeling like myself. I already feel like this kid has completely taken me over. With Zack I didn't really feel like that until much later.
Movement: None yet
Cravings: EVERYTHING.
Queasy or sick: Sick
Looking forward to: The second trimester. 

Popular Posts