Green Olive; Week 9

This morning I woke up so exhausted and thinking about those days before parenthood, when I could do whatever I wanted; get up whenever I wanted; I didn't have to worry about going to bed by a certain time. Some days, I miss those days! And this morning was one of those days....

But of course, hearing Zack laughing, blowing raspberries and shouting "Hi" repeatedly, made it all worth while.

This week our new little one is the size of a Green Olivie. Baby is one inch long and all of its major organs have begun to develop. Baby is working on building muscle this week and has a strong heartbeat of 165bpm. With all this happening, no wonder I am exhausted!

My morning sickness, which is all day, afternoon, evening & night, was getting so bad that my doctor gave me some medicine to help ease it. Which, it did! However, it made me so drowsy that I couldn't really function as a mom. I would pray all day that Zack would just go to sleep so I could nap. In the end, I decided to stop taking the meds and just deal with the nausea. It's tough, but I have good days, where the nausea isn't so bad. Now I just pray that my bad days happen on the weekends so Tim is home to help out.

We had another ultrasound on Monday to determine the official due date.....which is March 16, 2017. I know. I know. Another March baby. And I've heard all the jokes already. The truth is, the due date drives me nuts. I am really hoping this baby comes early or decides to stay in a little longer so that we can get some space between these birthdays.

Before I had Zack I had heard how awful induction was and I dreaded having to be induced. I will say that the process wasn't fun but it was controlled...and I liked that. I didn't have to guess when it was time to go to the hospital or track contractions (which at the time I had no idea what they felt like). So with this baby, I'd be okay with another induction. Plus my doctor will not induce until 41 weeks, so that would mean a possible delivery of March 23rd.

I know. I know. Whatever happens, happens. And if the kids share a birthday or birthday week, that is fine. When it comes down to the brass tacks, all I care about is a healthy baby.

Oh and my gender prediction.....BOY.... Tim has gone back and forth but I think his gut tells him boy too. I love guessing the gender. I love the old wives tales. There is just so much excitement about wondering what you're having. Based on the heartbeat of this baby and old wives' tales, I am carrying a Girl but Zack's heartbeats were always above 140bpm, so I'm sticking with my guess of a boy.

How far along: 9 weeks
Gender: No idea
Stretch marks: No
Belly button in or out: Right where it's always been
Sleep: These past few nights I have been so tired but when I go to bed I am wide awake and take several hours to fall asleep.   
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat and sharing that moving moment with Tim, Zack and my mom. I am so happy that she was here to go to that ultrasound with me.
Miss anything: Turkey sandwiches. Hot dogs. I didn't care about them before I was pregnant but now that is all I want.
Movement: No baby movement yet
Cravings: I'm going to gain like a million pounds with this baby. I am hungry ALL THE TIME. And I want everything. Walking into the grocery store the other day, the smell of this burger place just hit me and that was what I wanted for dinner....walked a few more feet and I could smell the Mexican food place. Wanted that too.....Few more feet, smelled the BBQ place. Just from the car to the grocery store I wanted three different places. And now, just talking about it, I am hungry.
Queasy or sick: Morning sickness is the devil. Thankfully it seems to be easing up a little. I am not as nauseous all the time. Most of the time, just not all the time.
Looking forward to: Sharing the news.

Popular Posts