Happy 8 Month Birthday

If you were sitting next to me then this would be when you'd hear me sigh. It's been a long week. Crap. It's been a long month.

Time certainly has a new effect on me. I appreciate it so much more. These days, I appreciate those silent moments where I can sit down and just relax - even if it's just for 5 minutes. I now have a much better understanding of the evening rush that happens when you have kids. Trying to get everything from dinner to bath in all the while hoping you don't miss that delicate window that allows you to easily put the baby down. I get it now.

Anyway, sorry that this post is late, but like I said, we've had a rough week. Here is an update on our big guy





Weight
  • 17 pounds 8 ounces  

Height
  • 26 3/4 inches long
Sleep 
  • Sleep? Ha. You're funny. - Right before Halloween he started waking more during the middle of the night. I figured that he was going through a growth spurt or maybe it was his teeth (which have yet to actually make an appearance). As time passed, our good little sleeper turned into a full blown sleep monster. He was waking every hour to hour and a half and the only thing that would calm him was being nursed. Shortly after that all started, he decided that he didn't need naps or if he did I had to be holding him or laying with him. I know it is frowned upon by some, but I am not afraid to use the Ferber method and let him cry it out, but no amount of crying seemed to help. I broke. I would lay with him, nurse him, pay him, give him chocolate. I was prepared to do whatever was necessary to get some damn sleep. This week we seem to be getting back on track. He is only waking twice at night rather than the recent 6-8 times. He is finally back to napping by himself in his crib. I'm hoping that we've turned a corner and that soon we can get back to sleeping through the night. 
Feeding
  • Exact Amount Unknown - I am exclusively nursing. Every. Single. Feeding. Zack has decided that he doesn't want the bottle and refuses it every single time. I've tried. Tim has tried. My mom tried. He's just not into it. I am not giving up. Hopefully we'll be better by next month.
  • Solids - Goodness does this little guy like to eat. He is eating regular baby food, puffs and he has some rice crackers. This week we are starting more on solid solids (I had been holding out on this since he still doesn't have any teeth, but after some encouragement and advice, I'm diving in). We're going to try potatoes, carrots, avocado and bananas (in a mesh thingy). It is safe to say that I am terrified. Wish us luck! 
Special Outings
  • We made a trip to California for Halloween
  • We went to our first Harvest Festival
  • We had a visit from Grandma & Grandpa
  • We had a visit from Uncle Kevin, Auntie Sarah, Olivia, Lucy & Andrew
  • We made a trip out to Goldfield Ghost-town
Milestones
  • Rolls all around to get whatever toy he wants
  • Sits better unsupported 
  • Throws things out of his carseat/stroller/crib/highchair
  • Starting to show signs of separation anxiety 
Zack's Favorites
  • He loves to eat
  • He loves to take baths
  • He loves Mickey Mouse and laughs when he sees him; he even tries to talk back to them
  • He loves his football lovie
  • He loves going on walks and being outside
  • And as usual, he loves eating, sleeping & pooping

Popular Posts