Seven Month Birthday

I know, I'm late! We've had a busy weekend and to be honest, I forgot to actually write anything or even take a picture. Tim reminded me on Saturday and I still forgot.

We had a good enough weekend. Our highlight was lunch with my two best friends on Saturday. Our low was that Zack decided to be a complete nightmare all Saturday night, which meant that Sunday was completely awful.


Weight
  • 16 pounds 12 ounces - He is getting chunky!!!!

Height
  • 25 3/4 inches long He was this long at his last doctors appointment
Sleep 
  • Dare I say it?!?!? - He has been sleeping pretty great. More and more he is sleeping longer and longer stretches. He takes about 3 to 4 naps a day - usually for about an hour each, but sometimes we get the dreaded 30 minute nap. We've had one or two nights of complete chaos, but we've powered through.   
Feeding
  • We're upping our game! - Nursing has had its ups and downs through these past seven months. Recently, I've had trouble getting him to do more than snack. He'd nurse for two or three minutes and then become distracted by any and everything. I was at my wits end. I was seriously considering throwing in the towel, until my sister gave me a much needed pep talk. NOW, we've upped our game! I have increased the amount of time between feedings and the amount of milk. He goes at least 4 hours between feedings and if he gets a bottle its 5 ounces.  
  • Oatmeal - He is not that found of it, but we have a little bit for breakfast in the morning.
  • Fruits & Veggies - He gets a small container of fruits or veggies for lunch and dinner. He is eating just about the whole container.  
Milestones
  • He is starting to reach for us, which is soooo cute!!! 
  • Sits up well. He isn't entirely unassisted, we put the boppy behind him, but he has great balance and only tips over every so often.
  • The doctor says he's been teething for a while now, but I've never seen anything going on in there. But now, I see it. Those teeth are just about to pop up. 
  • Loves to take the spoon from me while he eats 
Zack's Favorites
  • He has become very clingy. We cannot seem to put him down without hearing him cry - and not just any cry, it's like it's the end of the world, I'm going to die, scream cry! So his absolute favorite thing is to be held. 
  • He loves his puppies
  • He loves being outside and going on walks
  • He loves his highchair
  • He loves his swing. Seriously. It has saved me since his new found "I have to be held" attitude. The only place he is okay without us is his swing.

  • And as usual, he loves eating, sleeping & pooping
Notes and Highlights

Things are going well. We have our good days and our bad days, but for the most part, I think we've hit our stride. We don't have a structured schedule but we have a solid routine. Does that make sense?

What? Two pictures???? I thought this picture was funny. It would appear that he is channeling his inner politician. Maybe it's those debates Dad's been watching.

~*~*~Meier for President 2052 ~*~*~
Never too early to start campaigning

Popular Posts