Happy Half Birthday to you!!!

Our sweet pea is 6 months old!!! I can't believe it!!!




Weight
  • 15 pounds 13 ounces 

Height
  • 25 1/4 inches long - He was this long at his last doctors appointment so who knows how big he'll be when he has his next check up
Sleep 
  • Has it's highs & lows - A majority of the time he naps well and sleeps 7 to 8 hours at night. He wakes up for a feeding and then goes back down for another 5 to 6 hours. More and more he has been eating less during his night feeding, so I think he might be getting ready to drop it. Sometimes he sleeps right through it. His night feeding is my favorite one of the whole day/night. He is so snugly and he eats so well. I think I'll miss it when he doesn't need it anymore. 
Feeding
  • 4 ounces - I am still pretty much exclusively nursing, but if he gets a bottle during the day it is usually 4 ounces. Sometimes it's just 2 ounces if I think he hasn't eaten well. Tim does his bedtime feeding and gives him a bottle with 5 ounces to fill him all the way up. Some nights he pounds it, others he leaves half an ounce to an ounce. 
  • Oatmeal - He is not that found of it, but we have a little bit for breakfast in the morning.
  • Fruits & Veggies - He has had Sweet Potatoes, Peas, Peaches and Prunes so far. His favorites are Sweet Potatoes and Prunes. 
Special Outings
  • We made a trip to California to get Baptized
  • We had a visit from Auntie Sarah & cousins
Milestones
  • He is rolling from his back to his tummy - We're still working on rolling from tummy to back. He just doesn't seem interested in it. He is getting much better about pushing up on his arms but still not rolling on a major basis. 
  • Blows little raspberry's all the time
  • Officially throws his paci 
  • Can make his exersaucer and door jumper bounce
  • Reacts to story time
  • Had his first cold and it broke my heart.
  • Laughs every time he sees the dogs, no matter what they are doing. He's also reaching for them. 
Zack's Favorites
  • He is OBSESSED with his papa. At any time you can ask Zack "Where's papa?"  and I kid you not his eyes dart right to Tim. It is the cutest thing and of course I'm super jealous. 
  • He loves his puppies
  • He loves being outside and going on walks
  • He loves his glowworm 
  • He loves watching his mobile
  • He loves bath time
  • And as usual, he loves eating, sleeping &pooping
Notes and Highlights

Things are going good for the most part. Zack and I got sick the week after Labor Day. It was the hardest week ever. It broke my heart to hear his sad little cough and sneezes. We did everything we could to ease his congestion but we knew we just had to ride it out. I discovered exactly why Nyquil made that commercial about parents calling in sick!!! All I wanted was to sleep and not move, but I had no choice.

Popular Posts