Four Month Birthday

Heaven help me.....I have a four month old.....who is now experiencing the hell that is the "Four Month Sleep Regression"............I need sleep......soooooo bad!!!! Seriously, his newborn days were cake compared to what we're going through now!!!!!!

Anyway, here is a look at Zack....Four Months Big



Weight

  • 14 pounds - His weight is based off of my weighing myself, then adding him and weighing again. Totally scientific! So basically this is a rough estimate. I find that I am constantly weighing him...us? Anyway, I am obsessed, especially before heading to an appointment. This way I can prepare myself for the roller coaster of emotions that follow his weight check and me basically being told I'm not doing enough.....of course the doctors don't say that, but for some reason it is all I hear. My poor pediatrician has seen me cry more than Zack.

Height

  • 24 3/4 inches long

Sleep 

  • My WORST Nightmare - No one told me about a "4 Month Sleep Regression"!!!!! Apparently, we have stumbled into it and we are doing every and anything we can to correct/end this horrible horrible time. He used to sleep so good then he stopped napping as good and now all sleep has gone out the window. We are working diligently at finding some sort of fix but mostly we are trying to survive. I heard that if it last more than a week or two then we have a bigger "bad sleep habit" problem. So, until we figure this out, if Zack isn't sleeping no one is sleeping....he's making sure of that! 

Feeding

  • 4 to 4.5 ounces of breast milk - sometimes he'll do 5 ounces 

Special Outings

  • We made a trip to California for a friends wedding 
  • Dodgers game at Chase Field  
  • Annual 4th of July Party at Nana's house
  • Had a visit from Nana for a whole week....we miss you Nana!!!
  • Had a visit from Uncle Pat, Patty, Norah & Vivian
  • Had a visit from my Cousin Jenny and her daughter Abby

Milestones

  • Has officially found his feeties
  • Now sleeps in his own room
  • Grabs his toys and can move them from hand to hand
  • Actually plays with the toys on his playmat now
  • Chats up a storm
  • Plays in the bathtub now
  • Gives big smiles
  • Giggles
  • Can ALMOST roll over from his tummy to his back
  • Holds his head up great
  • Has started teething
  • Is beginning to try and pull his upper body up

Zack's Favorites

  • He loves to chit chat and doesn't stop
  • He loves his dada and is currently going through a daddy phase
  • He loves his puppies
  • He loves his soother (courtesy of Uncle Jim & Aunt Sue) - This thing is like baby crack. He just stares at it until he falls asleep
  • He loves his changing table - it is seriously his favorite spot
  • He still loves to look at ceiling fans/lights
  • He loves watching his mobile 
  • He loves his high chair 
  • He loves bath time
  • And as usual, he loves eating, sleeping & pooping

Highlights

After our trip to California for the 4th of July, we brought Nana back home with us for the week since we were planning a trip back to California the following weekend. Her trip coincided with Uncle Patrick's work trip, where he brought Patty and the girls with him. It also coincided with a visit from my cousin Jenny and her daughter Abby. It was so great to get to see everyone and to spend so much one on one time with my nieces and their mama. I loved seeing my cousins and having them meet Zack. We all ended up getting together for dinner and I loved every moment of it. I love being surrounded by family. I can't wait from my brother and his girls to come back out. 

Unfortunately, we missed the wedding of one of my good friends because Zack started running high fevers and vomiting. We took him in to the doctor who said that it was a stomach virus that "should clear up within 24 hours." But it didn't. It lasted several days and was compounded with teething and the beginning stages of the 4 month sleep regression. It killed me to miss my friends wedding but right before we were going to get into the car to leave his fever spiked to the highest it had been. Thankfully he is just now starting to get over the virus, we're still battling the teething and sleep regression. 

Popular Posts