It's A.....

It only seems par for the course that the amount of reassurance and confidence I leave an appointment with seems to quickly dissipate. This week has tested me. I have felt nothing but fear. My mind gets so consumed sometimes that Tim will just look at me and say “get out of your head.” He knows how these things circle in my mind. I try really hard to combat it, but sometimes, they are just too much. 

 

This week we got the results of our genetic bloodwork…


As it turns out, baby is, in fact, quite perfect. They tested for a number of things and baby passed with flying colors. 

 

During the call, my heart pounded in my chest. It had never actually crossed my mind that something could actually be wrong until that moment. I knew that if something were to be wrong, I would likely be pressed to end the pregnancy. Not that I would, but it all just felt heavy. You know?

 

Thankfully, everything looked great and we found out that we are expecting a baby GIRL! Which was the biggest shock of the day! From the moment we found out, both Tim and I thought it was another boy. In fact, we only talked boy names and boy things. My mom said she thought it was a girl and I told her that I was so sure it was a boy that I’d put money on it in Vegas.

 

Well, glad I didn’t do that!!! 

 

Now I feel so confused and lost. Not only do I feel like I have no idea how we did any of the newborn/baby things with the boys, now I have to figure out how to be a mom to a little girl. I feel like all I know is the rough and tumble life of boys. I feel so unprepared for a little girl. 

 

I guess we have to start discussing girl names and I’ll have to prepare Tim for the amount of pink that will explode all over our house. 


How far along: 13 Weeks

Gender: GIRL

Sleep: Really well

Miss anything: Not really

Movement: Nothing yet

Cravings/Aversions:  Everything

Looking forward to: Holding a beautiful baby at the end of all of this

Popular Posts