Winter Melon; Week 38

I am feeling accomplished today. This past week was spent finishing up loose ends and making sure that we are ready for this baby to arrive. I am almost done preparing for all of my March birthdays - not including Nicholas, I have 4 birthdays to celebrate.

Another Non-Stress Test down and one more to go. Everything looked great. Nick has slowed down on his movements, so it's been taking longer to get what they'd like. We get there eventually and that is all that matters. I have another ultrasound and prenatal today, which will more than likely be my last since they will be inducing on March 9th, unless I go into labor on my own before then. We'll know more after the visit, since they'll be "checking" me today.

Once again, I was completely wrong about a February baby. After they discovered all of the complications with this pregnancy, I was certain that we'd be having this baby by the end of February.  Nicholas has defied the odds and just been such a champ with his growth. We had a few scares with his size, but he has since tacked on mass (and sacrificed flexibility. Lol). My blood pressure has been amazing, my blood sugar is completely under control and other than the usual aches and pains of being 38 weeks pregnant, I am feeling great.

This week I worked on changing my perspective. I had a very hard time after my last prenatal appointment. I was very emotional because I'd had a long week of bad headaches, backaches and complete exhaustion. I wanted the doctor to take the baby out. I wanted to be done. Since then, I have decided to really focus on Zack. In fact, when I woke up Monday morning after having a rough night of only two hours sleep, another headache and Zack waking early, I decided to just enjoy the day. Somehow I made it to nap time with a positive attitude and promptly crashed after I put Zack down.

I am really enjoying my time with Zack. He is such a loving little boy. Yesterday, he walked up to me and said "kiss" then puckered his lips and gave me one. Melted my heart. He listens well and knows that he has to ask for help. He was having trouble with one of his cars the other day and just looked at Tim and said in a calm little voice, "help please." I completely ignore him if he is having a tantrum. I just tell him to sit down and once he has finished crying we can talk. Usually he stops crying as soon as he sits and the situation is quickly resolved. Sometimes, it takes a bit longer. His newest thing is to race. He wants one of us to count down and then he runs to something and runs back yelling "hooray." He also likes to say "try" now. Try is used for everything from food to toys. If he can't open or close something he'll ask Tim or I to "try" and if we are eating something that he'd like he will ask to "try" it. His favorite spot is the dog bed, but nothing new there. He lays in the dog bed and sings this roll over song. He then rolls over and once he drops the 2 inches to the floor he yells "crash." This week he has taken to throwing his arms out wide and shouting "safe" after every fall. It cracks me up.

Tim is more than busy at work. He has an audit coming up, on our induction date to be exact. This audit is a big deal, so he's in a stressful situation. Hopefully after the audit and the birth of Nick, everything will slow down and he'll be able to relax just a little. Hopefully our transition to a family of four will be a smooth one.

Well, if all goes as expected, my next post will have lots of pictures and a birth story. 1 more week to go.....

How far along: 38 weeks
Gender: BOY
Stretch marks: Yup
Belly button in or out: Its out 
Sleep: Its been a struggle
Best moment this week: Playing with Zack
Miss anything: Feeling like myself
Movement: It has slowed but it's still happening. We manage to hit our kick count no problem
Cravings: None really
Queasy or sick: Feeling good
Looking forward to: Meeting Nicholas

Popular Posts