Happy Eleven Months Nicholas!

I can't believe I forgot to post about my big eleven month old!!!

Here is an update on our Nick...



Weight
  • 22 pounds 4 ounces
Height
  • 31 3/4  inches long 
Sleep 
  • Really Well - Things have improved so much with Nick's sleep. He is officially sleeping through the night. Although, sometimes, we have to go into the room to lay him back down because he stands or sits up and just can't get himself back down. His naps have improved. We still have some rough days where he skips a nap altogether but they are fewer and farther between. 
Feeding
  • Breast milk - I am really questioning if we will even make it to a year of nursing. Nick is so over it. The only feeding he actually eats well at is first thing in the morning. Everything else is a fight or less than 2-3 minutes of focused eating. If you'd asked me a month ago, I would have said that I can't wait to be done, but now that the end is here, it makes me a tiny bit sad. There really is something peaceful about holding your baby and nursing them. I tend to nurse in a quiet, mostly dark room, so it also gives the opportunity to shut my eyes and relax for a few minutes. 
  • Solids - Nick loves himself some food. He gets so mad when he sees me making his dinner. He wants it NOW. He loves loves loves himself some cheese. He also enjoys chicken, turkey, rice, strawberries, blueberries, banana, green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes.... you know, food. 
    Nick's Favorites
    • He loves his big brother
    • He loves playing outside
    • He loves his shoes - seriously, he carries them around wherever he goes
    • He loves his lovie
    • He loves Donald Duck - much to my chagrin...who likes Donald?!?!!
    • He loves when we sing to him

    Highlights/Thoughts
    Nick is officially on the move. He is officially crawling... so, he doesn't really stay-put anymore. He's all over the place and he's pretty fast. He is pulling up on and getting into everything. I doubt he'll be walking before his first birthday but I don't think it'll take him too long to figure it out.

    He is still as sweet as can be....

    Popular Posts