Happy 10 Month Birthday

Can you believe that Zack is already 10 months old? I can't!

This time last year we were anxiously awaiting his arrival. We were busy getting everything finished and enjoying our last few weeks of alone time.

Here is an update on our big boy...

Weight
  • 18 pounds 7 ounces - I know, he's a little guy. 
Height
  • 27 1/2 inches long - I think....to be honest I can't remember how long they said he was. 
Sleep 
  • We're getting there - Zack is slowing but surely getting better at sleeping. His napping is back on point - which is amazing. He takes two 1.5 hour (sometimes 2 hours) naps and goes to bed about 7/7:30 p.m. He sleeps till 11:30/midnight, at which point he wants to nurse - I think this is the feeding that rears its ugly head when he's teething or sick, which he has been for the majority of this year. I am slowly weaning him from this feeding and as of now he only gets to nurse for 4 minutes then I lay him back down. I am hoping that this feeding will go away soon. His next wake up is usually around 5:30/6 a.m. at which point I nurse him and put him back down till about 8 a.m.
Feeding
  • Exact Amount Unknown - I am still exclusively nursing but Zack is back to taking a bottle. I am slowly trying to figure out how to wean him so he is getting more bottles. He takes a bottle only if it is breastmilk. Anything else is offensive to him. I'm not really sure how or when to wean him, but I am preparing for the first birthday wean to whole milk. I love nursing but I don't think my supply is going/is holding up. 
  • Solids - Oh my gosh!!! For the first two weeks of this year he refused to eat any solid whatsoever! It was beyond frustrating. We tried every trick we could to get him to eat something. Finally, as of this week, he is back to eating solids. He loves puffs and his favorite thing ever is pieces of cucumber. We make sure to give him whatever we are eating - as long as his (still) toothless month can mush it - and he has figured out that we have the good stuff. Usually he wants whatever we're eating as opposed to what is on his tray. 
Special Outings
  • I can't think of any
Milestones
  • He is still not crawling but has decided to start standing and pulling himself up. He doesn't have down yet, but he is constantly trying.
  • He is officially throwing baby tantrums and has started pinching me when he is nursing. Yay me!
Zack's Favorites
  • He loves to eat
  • He loves to take baths
  • He loves story time
  • He loves Mickey Mouse and laughs when he sees him; he even tries to talk back to them
  • He loves his football lovie
  • He loves going on walks and being outside
  • And as usual, he loves eating, sleeping & pooping

Popular Posts