And just like that he is one...

Nicky Boy is officially a toddler. 

We celebrated his birthday while we were on our annual family trip to the desert. We had a great time, even when the weather seemed like it wouldn't hold out. We had a pirate themed scavenger hunt and spent most of the day swimming, riding bikes, playing miniature golf, pickle ball, games of all sorts and just having fun being together.
I put him to bed a baby and he woke up a toddler ...

Weight
  • ?? pounds ?? ounces I don't have any stats on Nick right now because we were out of town and this week we all seem to have come down with a cold. I have not quite gotten back into the swing of things. He has his 12 month check up next week, so I'll update this for posterity's sake.
Height
  • XX inches long 
Sleep 
  • Like a champ - He is officially sleeping well. His naps seem to have evened out and his bedtime routine is solid. We recently moved his bedtime back about 15 minutes, but other than that, nothing new. I'll probably regret saying this, because tonight will end up being awful, but he is very different from Zack. We had to go into Zack's room 1000 times a night to replace the paci. Nick either doesn't care if he has it or he is just good about finding it in the dark. Either way, my million mile march to and from bedrooms for paci replacement seems to have ended.  
Feeding
  • Breast milk - It is a sad sad day. Nick weaned himself much faster than I had hoped. We were only at two feedings a day - morning and bottle before bed. I decided to stop pumping, because no one likes pumping. We had some formula, which we used on and off, so we have been giving that for night feedings. More and more, Nick was disinterested in his morning feeding, but I could at least get a minute or two in. Who was I kidding, he was done! Once he got his first taste of cows milk, he was over it. So, I am on day two of no nursing. It made me much sadder this time around. I feel like with Zack, I weaned him when we were both ready and Nick was just done. 
  • Solids - So, we are officially feeding him all solids and milk. He loves cheese, like a lot. Like he cries when he sees me cutting it and he won't stop till he has some. He loves fruit and veggies. He especially loves chicken. I love this phase of baby eating. I love when they will eat whatever you put in front of them. It's glorious. 
Highlights/Thoughts
Nicholas is moving faster than I can keep up. He is crawling and cruising all around. He is back to taking steps when you hold his hand or when he has his walker. He so desperately wants to walk. He loves playing with Zack more and more. He wants to be wherever big brother is and he wants to be doing whatever he is doing. He is as snuggly as ever. He still likes to touch foreheads and faces, and he does it in a very sweet and loving way. He claps whenever anyone says "hooray" and he waves to everyone. He is working on talking more.

I am sad that my baby is one. I don't know how this year went by so fast. Even now as I write this, I have had a one year old for almost a week and I have no clue where this week went. I am still working on embracing every moment with my boys. I often stop to look at them or listen to them. I want to soak up every moment. I do, however, look forward to feeling like myself again. I have been pregnant or nursing for almost 3.5 years with only a two month break in-between!!! I am ready to do a little bit of catching up on me. 

Popular Posts