Happy Ten Months Nicholas!

I completely forgot to post Nick's ten month update. It may seem silly but it comes in handy to look back on these posts and see what Nick was doing or to even look back to see what I did with Zack at certain stages. Plus, I write it here now and just copy it to the baby book when it actually comes time to fill that thing out in an year....just kidding...maybe.


Weight
  • 21 pounds 9 ounces -  Our doctor told us to start expecting his weight and height to start slowing down. I suppose this is what he meant. 
Height
  • 31 inches long 
Sleep 
  • Much Improvement - Thank goodness!!! We are finally getting longer naps out of him. The down side is that he is currently cutting teeth and waking more in the middle of the night for cuddles....its either that or another sleep regression. 
Feeding
  • Breast milk and solids - He is not very interested in nursing anymore. I have to have a completely quiet and dark room to get him to nurse well. If there is a slight distraction he won't nurse. It can be very frustrating. He loves loves loves his solids. He gets pretty upset if there isn't something on his try for him to feed himself. He'll eat the baby food, which we use as filler, but all he wants is his own plate of whatever we're eating. 
    Nick's Favorites
    • He loves his big brother
    • He loves playing outside
    • He loves his shoes - seriously, he carries them around wherever he goes
    • He loves his lovie
    • He loves his swaddle - much to my chagrin
    • He loves Donald Duck - also, much to my chagrin...who likes Donald?!?!!
    • He loves when we sing to him

    Highlights/Thoughts
    Nick is such a sweetheart. He loves to give us cuddles and he still puts his hands on our faces to lovingly touch foreheads. He is clapping, waving, and standing well. He still refuses to crawl. He is trying to figure out how to pull up on things and will walk when you hold his hands. He is such a happy baby. He doesn't have any separation anxiety, although when he sees people he doesn't know he'll cling to us for a second. But after that he'll go to whomever. He's a friendly lil guy.

    I am in complete disbelief that he is ten months old. I miss those newborn snuggles. I feel like its gone by way too fast and I feel like I didn't get to soak it up. Our boys will turn 3 and 1 in March and its making my heart ache. Zack is growing more and more independent everyday and I just want him to stay little.

    Popular Posts