Thursday, February 23, 2017

Large Cantaloupe; Week 37

Well, another week down and another week closer to meeting our newest family member. As excited as I am about meeting him, I am having a very hard time with the idea of having another baby. I cannot imagine loving anyone as much as I love Zack.

Needless to say, at 37 weeks pregnant, I am very emotional.

First things first. Monday we had another Non-Stress Test, which went great. It did take a little longer for us to get the movement they were looking for, but they eventually got it. I had a couple of contractions while I sat there, but only one was actually big enough for me to feel. It was unpleasant.

Today I had another ultrasound and prenatal appointment. Everything is looking great with the baby. He is growing fast. I am going to venture a guess that he will be a 9 or 10 pounder. As of today, he weighed in at 7.5 pounds. They are sticking to a week 39 induction date, so we should be meeting him sometime around then.

I have great anxiety about Baby Nick's birthday. My nieces are on the 10th and Zack is on the 17th. My biggest hope is that Nick comes this weekend or early next week. I would prefer as much space between birthdays as I can get. I know its probably silly, but everyone deserves their own special day -unless you are a multiple. Lol. Plus, think of the family calendar issues that would create for me. Haha.

Like I said above, I am struggling with having this baby. I almost feel like I am betraying Zack. He's my baby and I love our time together so much. Now we're adding Nick and I worry about how Zack will feel about it all. I'm sure its just those pesky pregnancy hormones.

Everything else is going well around here. Not much new to report. I'm sure that very soon our whole world will flip upside down and I'll have more to say. Till then I am going to enjoy the calm before the storm.

Officially 2 weeks left to go.....

How far along: 37 weeks
Gender: BOY
Stretch marks: Yup
Belly button in or out: Its out 
Sleep: Hit and miss
Best moment this week: Spending time with my baby boy 
Miss anything: Feeling like myself
Movement: It has slowed down, but I can still get the kicks I need, it just takes longer
Cravings: In and Out
Queasy or sick: Feeling good. Just tired
Looking forward to: Having this baby....