Large Mango; Week 19

Not much has happened since last week. I've had a break from being sick all the time and I am sleeping better. Still taking it easy but I'm feeling so much better then last week.

This week our little guy is the size of a large mango. To be honest, I am not into mangos and I probably couldn't even identify one in the grocery store...I mean I'm sure I could throw a pretty good guess out there.

I looked at my calendar today and saw the photo of my dad, marking what would have been his 77th birthday. I am kind of in disbelief that he has been gone for 6 years now. It is amazing all of the changes my family has gone through since he's passed, specifically how more than half of his grandchildren have been born after he's passed. Really only two out of his (almost) 12 grandkids actually knew him well enough to remember him. Two others had just turned one right before he passed.

I have a book that I made for Zack which has pictures of all of his extended family. I call it the "Dada Book" because he runs it over to me saying "dada" and always opens the page to find a picture of Tim. After he's had his initial fill of looking at dad, he turns to the page with Nana & Grandpa. He giggles when he sees his Nana (his second favorite picture in the book) and then points to the photo of my dad and asks repeatedly "Who's that." I repeat about 100 times that it's Grandpa before he skims the pages looking at his aunts, uncles and cousins. He is quite fond of Auntie Katie's picture and always gives her a quick "Hi" before skimming back to the photo of my dad.

It's been 6 years and I still miss him quite a lot. I miss his smile and his hugs. I wish he could be here to know all of his grandkids. He would have loved watching how they play together. He would have loved going to our annual desert trip. I am certain that he would have loved my puppies because he was a big animal lover like me....he would love Rudy. I think he would have loved Tim...they would be two peas in a pod.

I have one video of me playing with my niece and nephew and in the background you can hear him having a conversation. I cherish that video because it's the only thing I have with his voice on it. I miss his voice.
So....here's to you Papa Bear! Happy 77th Birthday!!! You are loved and so very missed. Until we meet again...don't do anything I wouldn't do!!
How far along: 19 weeks
Gender: BOY
Stretch marks: Same as before
Belly button in or out: Still in
Sleep: Pretty good
Best moment this week: Watching Zack enjoy Halloween decorations
Miss anything: ahhhh...My dad
Movement: Yup
Cravings: Nothing in particular this week
Queasy or sick: I've had several days of feeling great. Woke up with some nausea this morning but it didn't last long
Looking forward to:  Seeing the family 

Popular Posts