Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dropping and the truth

They weren't kidding when they said that the last couple weeks were tough... Last week and this week have been nothing short of difficult!!!

My biggest gripe with these last few weeks has been how quickly I get tired. I am a mover and a shaker. I have a hard time looking at unfinished projects. These past two weeks I've been getting less and less done each day, which frustrates me beyond my ability to cope! I feel like nothing is getting done. Tim has stepped up his game...not that it needed much stepping up! He's been taking my "To Do Before Baby" lists and just getting things done. I'm so grateful.

I had a few paragraphs written where I discussed the panic I feel about becoming a mother. I elected to delete that part. Instead I will admit that I am terrified that I am going to fail at being a mother. Tim assures me that this is impossible because "crack heads do it" but I don't buy into that logic. I am not quite sure what it is I am afraid of - I know it's not the diaper changes or long nights or basic care. Perhaps it's just the major life change...I have a hard time adjusting to change!

In other news, this past weekend we met with a photographer who will be....still a little unsure of this....photographing the birth. Sounds weird, right? I'm not really into sharing my most intimate moment...and parts... with a perfect stranger but here is why I decided to do it:

*Tim, while being talented at many things, does not possess the time nor the inclination to take photos or to be in photos. He uses the term "point and shoot" literally.
*My mom, who will hopefully be there with me, does not possess the time nor the inclination to take photos
*I love pictures and want to capture all of these moments....but I'm pretty sure I'll be preoccupied

Anyway, the photos on her website were very tasteful and made me cry. Tim was on board as long as I was comfortable. So we're going to give it a whirl...but I definitely feel weird about it. She will also be doing his newborn photos, so that's all arranged. I really hope they turn out nice.

This weekend we also got the dogs groomed...yay!!! Finally!!! We were waiting to get as close to the due date as we could but I was sick of it. Sadly, Rockne didn't have a good experience. We tried a new groomer and both pups came back with some cuts. Rudy's wasn't too bad and he didn't seem to notice it much, but they cut Rock's fur so short - he had three or four cuts. We didn't notice them until after we got home. We cleaned them up and tried to soothe the "blade burn" on Rockne's belly. It was a rough few days for him....I ended up putting an old tee shirt on him in an effort to hinder him from incessantly licking, scratching and biting the sore areas. We gave him an oatmeal bath to try and help his itchy skin, which seemed to be his entire body. Thankfully that worked and he got some rest....and so did we!!!

In baby related news, I think he has dropped. Seeing as this is my first baby and I don't know what I am talking about, here is why I think he has dropped:

1. I can breathe again
2. I can now sit up without feeling like he is in my throat
3. His kicks, which used to be in my ribs/sternum, are now much lower
4. I didn't think it was possible, but my trips to the bathroom seem to have quadrupled
And
5. I feel more pressure in the pelvic region...maybe pressure is the wrong word....heavier?!?!

Also, this weekend we worked on setting up the little guy's room. We have lots more to do but my goal is to have it finished by next week. Fingers crossed!

Anyway, I'm not sure if he has dropped, but I'm hoping to find out more at my doctors appointment this week. Until then I am peeing evey 5 minutes and waddling around the house in an attempt to get things done....which turns out to be very little!!!

How far along: 36 weeks
Gender:  BOY
Stretch marks: I don't know. I can't really tell
Belly button in or out: Still in - technically! 

Sleep: I don't even want to talk about sleep anymore...
Best moment this week: Baby dropping and being able to sit up and breathe again!!!
Miss anything: Not today
Movement: Off and on....it freaks me out when I realize I haven't felt him all day - either for lack of movement or lack of my paying attention. I'm bad at the counting thing!
Cravings: Still none
Queasy or sick: Feeling good
Looking forward to: Holding our little guy

Weeks left: 4