Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Another week down...

It was such a busy week/weekend and so much happened!!!

Alright, here is what has happened this week...

- I had a prenatal appointment where I learned that the weight gain I thought I had was really a 2 pound weight loss. My belly measured small again but still within normal range and I think my doctor has given up the "too small" thing and said that he will likely just be a 6 pound baby. His heart beat was strong and she assured me that I am doing well and am very healthy! Yay!!! No more "we're going to induce you early" threats!!!!

- We spent this past weekend in California. My mom, sister and sister-in-laws threw me a baby shower on Saturday. It was such a fun afternoon with family and friends. We got so many wonderful gifts and loads of diapers. I was a little worried that we wouldn't be able to fit everything in the car on the drive home, but Tim managed to get it all in there.

- During our visit home, we got to meet our two new nieces Vivian and Emma. It was so great to get to snuggle them!!! 

- We spent SuperBowl Sunday at my brother Kevin's house where the baby decided to kick me non-stop throughout the day. Per usual, we all made bets on the game and I was so shocked when I won with the final score!!! I never win. It was a pretty good game and the Seahawks should've given that last play another thought...who throws it on 2nd and goal?!?!? They should've just handed it to Lynch. Maybe then they would've been back to back SuperBowl winners. I wouldn't say that the Patriots won the SuperBowl so much as the Seahawks handed it to them with that last play.  Oh welL I'm happy enough with the results. I won money and got to watch the moment Pete Carroll's heart broke....can't ask for anything more!!!!

- Monday was a lazy day for me. We didn't get home until about 1am and then we had to unload a few things and get ready for bed. Of course once I was laying in bed I was suddenly wide awake. Just my luck!!!

- Tuesday was supposed to be a big day for me....and Rockne. I woke up at 5am, got dressed, loaded Rockne in the car and headed to his neutering appointment. Yes, he is two years old and still....a whole puppy!!! Lol. After a ridiculous and frustrating drive, Rockne ended up coming home intact. I gave myself about an hour and a half to make the 45minute drive into Phoenix to make his appointment at 6:30am.....and thanks to the lovely Arizona drivers who think they need 40 car links of space because some car way up ahead tapped their breaks...we were late and missed our window to get him in. It was an awful morning. I was so mad and then I was crying. This is the third time we've failed at actually getting him neutered. The first time we cancelled his appointment because we were moving out of California and there was no sense in registering him in California when we were leaving the state 4 or 5 days later. The second time I cancelled it because I was convinced that he would die on the table because he had an ear infection. I am done with this nonsense. This has officially become Tim's job. More than likely he won't be neutered before the baby comes...but I don't care anymore!!!!

- I was supposed to meet with a photographer on Tuesday but I had the wrong time down and ended up missing it. Thankfully she was very kind about it and we rescheduled. I hate that I messed the time up. I don't like leaving people hanging and hate that this is her first impression of me. Tuesday I could not win!!!

- I'm super excited to have a dog trainer come out and help us prepare the pups for when the baby comes. For the most part they are behaved. They do enjoy jumping up on people, but that is 100% our fault. We've always let Rudy jump up because it's like he's hugging us. We love it. They also....well, not they, Rockne...has the barking problem. He hears a doorbell he doesn't stop barking for at least 10/15 minutes.

All in all, I am proud of my puppies. Since we were heading back to Arizona after the Super Bowl we took the dogs to my brothers house. Our 3 nieces and nephew were all playing in the backyard with the dogs and there was no jumping, biting, or any form of aggressive behavior. Our nephew, who is a little over one, grabbed the sides of Rudy's face and started pulling his fur to see his teeth and Rudy just sat there. Rudy thought he was in trouble when my brother stood up to tell our nephew that he was not allowed to do that. Our nephew also pulled on Rockne's ears and kept grabbing his face and Rockne just sat there. I'm glad I don't have the kind of dogs that would snap or growl. They really are sweet puppies. Although my nephew did get knocked over once by Rockne but one time ain't bad!!!!

- My house is a complete disaster! There is so much stuff everywhere and I just have no energy to clean any of it up. Instead, I'm gonna go take myself to lunch and maybe do a little shopping.

- As we were saying goodbye on Sunday, I realized that the next time I see my family, I will be a mom. It's so crazy to me. Life as we know it is about to change forever....

How far along: 35 Weeks
Gender:  BOY
Stretch marks: Nope
Belly button in or out: Still in

Sleep: It's happening on and off
Best moment this week: Visiting with family
Miss anything: Being able to breathe
Movement: Tons
Cravings: None
Queasy or sick: I'm feeling pretty good minus the difficult past few days
Looking forward to: Having this baby!!!!

Weeks Left: 5