Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Kicks and Kick Offs

This past weekend we had lots of family come into town to join us for the Notre Dame/ASU game. It was a very disappointing loss to ASU but we still managed to have a good time.

My mama came out last Wednesday and we had such a great time spending time together. We spent our days shopping, going to a movie and she even started washing all of the hand-me-down baby clothes that my sister-in-law sent me. I loved having her here and I was so sad when she had to leave.

The baby has been kicking more and more. There have been a few kicks that have startled me, so I thought for sure Tim would be able to feel them. The smile on Tim's face when he felt the baby move for the first time was enough to make me tear up. He was amazed by the feeling and I think it made everything sink in for both of us...we're actually having a baby.

This week also marked the first time I was completely freaked out by the baby. While putting lotion on my belly, I ran my hand across and felt this hard spot. It was odd, so I pressed into it and it kicked me! I know I'm supposed to be in awe of this but it freaked me out. Tim felt it too and it kicked him. We were laughing pretty hard and then it moved. I have no idea what body part it was but I'm guessing it was a foot. Either way, it was so weird. Guess I have to get used to it!







 
How far along: 23 weeks
Gender:  BOY
Stretch marks: Nope
Belly button in or out: Still in

Sleep: This was such a busy week, so I didn't get much sleep. Finally, today, it all caught up to me and I slept so well.
Best moment this week: Watching Tim's face as he felt the baby kick
Miss anything: My mom.
Movement: Lots of kicks & lots of movement
Cravings: Pancakes (?)

Queasy or sick: I've been feeling good
Looking forward to: Our upcoming trip to Denver