Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Hard Week

We are slowly adjusting to life without Harley and despite moments of complete sadness, we are slowly getting back to normal. 
With all that has happened this past weekend, I've realized how lucky my dad was to have my mom. My mom is great, but she is not is an animal person. She doesn't really know why she's not, maybe it's because she's spent a majority of her life taking care of babies. Who knows? She just doesn't get attached to animals. So when it came time to make those tough decisions, my mom always came from an objective place and truly looked out for the best interest of the animal.

Tim and I are animal lovers. So when we'd discuss what we had to do for Harley we would get too emotional so we'd just move on. The conversation was too hard for us and in the end, we may have put Harley through more pain then was necessary. It wasn't fair to him.

So, all in all, this has been a pretty crappy week/weekend.

In other news, the little guy living in my belly is doing great. He is growing and it is starting to sink in that we are going to have a baby soon. It blows my mind as I think about how far along I am. We are both healthy and preparing for the next wave of pregnancy changes that I hear are coming....Yay!!!

How far along: 24 weeks
Gender:  BOY
Stretch marks: Not yet
Belly button in or out: Still in

Sleep: It's been so so
Best moment this week: Can't really say that there was a "best moment"
Miss anything: Our cat Harley
Movement: Tons!
Cravings: None really
Queasy or sick: I've been feeling pretty normal
Looking forward to: Thanksgiving