Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sweet Little One

Well, it is official, we are expecting our first baby. It's a very exciting, scary and exhausting time for us. We were a bit surprised by this little gift. I had absolutely no clue!!!

We found out after our July 4th trip to California. I was so shocked that I told Tim that he needed to come double check. I was in such disbelief. Once he said he saw the positive too, I just smiled at him said "I'm Pregnant!" and crawled into bed and went to sleep.

So far these past couple weeks have flown by. We've two ultrasounds so far - one was at 7 weeks and another last week (on my birthday!) where we got to hear the baby's heart beat. It was the most wonderful sound I'd ever heard and I burst into tears once I heard it.

Week 9 was a rough one and 10 is looking to be just as rough. I'm told that once the first trimester is over that there is a burst of energy and the sick/crappy feeling goes away. I really really really hope that's true.


How far along: 10 weeks
Gender: No idea
Stretch marks: No
Belly button in or out: Right where it's always been
Sleep: Cannot get any!!! No matter how tired I am, I just can't seem to get comfortable enough and when I finally do, I usually need to run to the restroom. It's exhausting! I was able to take a nap during the day but lately I can't even get comfortable during nap time.
Best moment this week: Getting our ASU v Notre Dame tickets. I am so excited for football season to start!!!
Miss anything: Being able to sleep. Energy. Pepsi. Sleep. Turkey Sandwiches. Sleep.
Movement: No baby movement yet
Cravings: None really.
Queasy or sick: I don't have morning sickness to the point of nausea and vomiting, but I just generally feel crappy throughout the day.
Looking forward to: Visiting CA and seeing my family.