Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Weekend Update with Sarah & Tim.....

So this past week...and weekend....many things happened. Mostly good, one or two bad....depending on your perspective. Maybe most of things that have happened have been in my head....I never really know!!!

Lets see, we celebrated Mother's Day with both families and all of the wonderful women in our lives, we brewed and bottled more beer, we got some interesting work news, and I got encouraged to do something that I love. 

Mother's Day: We spent the early afternoon with Tim's parents, just hanging out and catching up. Then, we headed to my brother's house for a BBQ. It was an extremely hot day and I was more than happy to help break in Patrick's pool. 

Beer: Kevin and Tim are brewing beer like no one's business and so far so good. They started with a Honey Brown Ale, which I affectionately named "Little Nut Brown Ale" (more on this at the end of the post). Next came an American Pale Ale, which we've named "Pale Riser". They just finished bottling a Columbus IPA ("1492") and a Pineapple Hefeweizen ("Dolelicious"). Its a work in progress but so far they're turning out to be pretty good. Beer Beer Beer...

News: Ugh! So, if you've talked to me in the past few months then you know that there is a chance that Tim and I will be packing up and shipping out of California....destination unknown! Tim's bosses have continually talked with him about his advancement in the company - one of the most recent being his bosses plan to promote Tim within his division in an attempt to keep him, which has since fallen through due to the regional president, who loves Tim, and is talking about placing us in Arizona. - When I got the phone call with all of this information I immediately cried. My brother was sitting at the table with me when I got the call and I think he may have thought someone had died from my reaction. More on this later....when I have more information.....and when I'm up for telling it! 

Encouragement: One night last week, I stumbled across a short story that I'd begun writing about three years ago. I read it to my husband who had never seen (or heard) before. When I'd finished, he encouraged me to pick up writing again. So, I have! Its the silliest story ever and very girly, but I started writing it as a joke for my friends and I'll continue to have fun with it. Since I've picked it back up again I have found a little piece of confidence in myself. Moral of the story, I'm just enjoying myself.....

Which leads me to the recurring thought I've had this week throughout everything that has been happening.....Growing Up is Hard to DO!!! Sometimes I look back on where I was when I was in my early 20's and I ask myself "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?!" There are times that I am amazed that I survived some of the stupid things that I did...............but more on this later!!!

LITTLE NUT BROWN ALE: Sarah used to read the book "Guess how much I love you" to the twins and I always thought it was the funniest book. Kevin and Tim didn't like the name that I gave the beer and they fought it and fought it until last weekend. While they were discussing their beer and naming them, I made an excellent point that finally got them to agree. The night we were bottling and kegging the Honey Nut Brown Ale was the same night that Kevin and Sarah told us that they were expecting their third child. It fit the beer and what was happening at that moment in our lives. They've finally given in to me and as such, the beer from this day forth shall be known as "Little Nut Brown Beer"