Monday, November 26, 2012

Giving Thanks.....

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend surrounded by family and friends.

We spent the early afternoon with Tim's parents then headed to my mom's for dinner. We had a great time seeing everyone, eating, drinking, playing games and planning our Black Friday Shopping.....

I am so Thankful for Tim. I am thankful that the wedding planning is over and now we can focus on our life as a married couple. I love this man more than I could ever say.


One of the greatest things about being an Auntie is I don't have to worry about bed times, nap times, or general behavior - although, I do my best to help in any way that I can. I have successfully taught all of my nieces and nephews how to fake cough and I love chasing them and hearing them giggle. Having said that, I was probably a very bad influence on these three little girls on thanksgiving. They were sitting at their little table and I got them to chant "When do we eat?!" with forks in hand. Sorry Katie & Sarah....it was funny!!!!



Happy First Thanksgiving to our little Liam!!! He was such a good boy and I was lucky enough to sit very close to him. When Marjorie gave him mashed potatoes, he lunged for them....He's definitely a McPherson boy!!! All of my brothers dive for the mashed potatoes!!!













 

Family photo after dinner....Yay!













After dinner, the photos and football, we sat down to play some poker and discuss Black Friday strategies - By the way, Tim came shopping with us. It was his first time out black Friday shopping and I'd like to give him props....he did great. He ran in, got what people needed and went back for more. We had a very relaxed, successful shopping trip. I think Katie and I like going out just for the heck of it. We like to see what we happen to get....maybe its the challenge we like. Who knows? Either way, the trick is to just be relaxed and have fun.

I swear I'm going to put a book together of all the random faces Sarah makes in pictures.....

Lizzy just wanted to cuddle Auntie Marjorie....


Auntie Sarah teaching Liam how to spot the deals....
 
The next day we worked hard making our tailgating game for Saturday. Marjorie taught Kevin and I how to sew and we got busy making bean bags for our Cornhole game....google it!
 
Saturday, we all headed to Kevin's for the annual McPherson Family USC v. Notre Dame Game Party. We had a great time and we were excited that Notre Dame won and remained undefeated and No. 1 on the BCS Rankings.....looks like another party will be happening in January.
 
 



 
Kevin and Tim playing the Cornhole game that we made. It was a lot of fun and everyone played.

These are the bean bags that we made. THANKS MARJORIE FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!!! These ones were my custom pair. I didn't win though.....
 
 

Katie and Lizzy in their Notre Dame gear. Good thing we taught Lizzy early to say "GO IRISH"














Mama and Kate
 

Brian, Marjorie & baby Liam!!!
 


Cousins taking a ride in the wagon!!!
 

We're #1, we're #1, we're #1!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think these three could have been any happier!!!!
 

I just love this guy.....
 



 
Rudy was happy his team won!!!!
 
Look out Notre Dame Cheer team.....here come Olivia, Lucy & Lizzy.....