Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rockin Around the Christmas Tree

So I know my post is late, but it took me a little while to decide on what to write. I knew who today's Shout Out would be for, but I just needed to figure out how to write it....

I turned 25 last August and I have been single for almost 3 1/2 years now. I have dated here and there, but nothing serious or enough to claim relationship status. These stats don't seem to stand to well with society, and on occasion they bother me. Someday I hope to have a family and raise my own children, but I'm just not willing to compromise myself and settle for someone who isn't best for me.

Having said that, I am blessed with 5 children!
No, they are not biologically mine, they are my four nieces and my nephew. I love each one of these babies as if they were my own. So, tonight I dedicate my Christmas Shout Out to my Madda-Baby, Jack Sprat, Olivia Gracie, Lucy Goosey and Lizzy Pie.


Madeline and I when she was maybe 2 years old.

Maddie: Our family was blessed in May 2000 when my sister-in-law gave birth to Madeline. Our entire family fell in love with her the moment she came into our family. She is my parents first grand-baby and my first niece. I remember the first time Maddie laughed and the first time she reached for me. I absolutely adore Maddie, words cannot express the joy and love I have for her when she runs and jumps in my arms (yes, even at 10 years old, she still reaches for me!). On top of the chemistry between us, she and I look eerily alike (People ask me if I am her mom). She and I also share quite a few personality traits and we certainly are two peas in a pod. So to my sweetest Monkey (I have always asked her "Hey Madeline, do you know how to spell your name?" and I would immediately jump in by spelling monkey), I love and adore you. I will always be here for you no matter what. I wish you so much happiness.



Maddie and I in March 2010


Jack Sprat and I

Jack: Our family got a wonderful gift just before Christmas in 2003, my nephew Jack. From day one, everyone knew that Jack was all boy. He was de-potting plants before he could walk. I remember walking into my sister-in-law's kitchen (you could see the living room from the kitchen and it was just a few feet away) to put his bottle down and when I turned back around there was soil and plants all over the floor! It was hilarious! He is almost 7 and he is growing into quite the little man, so handsome and tall. To my Jack-Sprat, I love you so much and I know that you are going to be a heart breaker. Just take it easy on the ladies buddy! If you ever need anything I will always be here for you. I hope that all of your dreams come true and I wish you all the happiness in the world. I love you buddy!



Olivia and I in June 2010

Olivia: In 2009, I was ready for a change. Little did I know that this change would come in the form of my twin nieces. I have grown up a lot since they came into the world and so have they! The twins are a whole new experience because they are so similar, yet so different. Olivia is probably one of the sweetest little girls I've ever known. She is huggable and will run to give me a kiss just because. I sometimes wonder if she is the mastermind behind some of the trouble she and her sister may get in - *its a family trait. I guess time will tell. As I have known her, Olivia has been a cuddle bug. She is always ready to sit with you and give tons of hugs and kisses. She tends to listen when you tell her no. Compared to her sister, I would call Olivia the cautious one. Miss Olivia, I love you so so much and I hope that we'll always be close. You make my heart leap with joy when you run to give me a hug and you're screaming Auntie. Just know that you can always come to me if you ever need anything. I love and adore you sweet Olivia and I wish you a blessed and beautiful life.


Lucy and I

Lucy: Our lovely Lucy was the second piece to my puzzle of change. Lucy is a new experience when it comes to kids for me. I have never seen a braver soul. Granted she isn't sky diving, but given the chance she'd probably jump at the idea. Lucy gives so many funny faces and she jumps at the chance to try something new (whether Olivia plants the idea in her head or not is yet to be seen). I call Lucy the Family Daredevil. She climbs on any and everything. Lucy seems to have the bolder, bossier personality and she knows exactly what she wants. She also has her sweet side too, sometimes she feels froggy and she runs to give a kiss. She will give you a hug, but she has places to go and people to see, so don't draw it out. Lucy is my Goddaughter and I am very honored. Lucy, I love you so much, words can never express what you mean to me. I am always here for you should you ever need me. The other day you ran up to me, grabbed my face and gave me the biggest kiss and it made me so happy to see how much you love me. I love to hear your little voice shout Auntie and giggle. I pray that we'll always be close! You've changed my life so much and I hope that you have a wonderful life.


Elizabeth and I

Lizzy: In June 2010, our family was given a much needed breath of fresh air and her name is Elizabeth. I have been Lizzy's nanny since she was 8 weeks old - she just turned 6 months. We have seen our way through a bottle problem and sleeping issues, but we've grown into our own schedule. Lizzy has a high pitch scream that could probably shatter glass. She is quick to smile and a joy to be around. At 6 months, she is very cuddly, but we all know that once they start walking that changes. Lizzy, I cannot tell you how much you mean to me! I love and adore you with all my heart. I miss you when I don't see you for periods of time. Know that you can always rely and lean on me should you ever need to. I know that we will always be close. I love your giggles and screams. I wish you an amazing life.




*Her daddy, Kevin, used to have brilliant ideas to keep all of us entertained. Our brother Patrick used to be the one....hmmm, how do I put this....when doing something wrong Kevin was very quiet and sneaky, you had no idea that anything was happening until it was over with. Patrick was a bit louder and you knew what he was going to do just before he did it. So you could say that Kevin was the mastermind behind a lot of the things we all got into trouble for....like making potions in the sink.